Monday, May 10, 2010

I had a fun weekend at my bridal shower and did my best to "live lighter" that day. The eating part was out the window since I had a meats galore meal. However, I did save all the drink bottles and wrapping paper from my gifts--took them home & recycled them. Parties generate so much waste! I'd have no problem if people gave me gifts wrapped in newspaper. One friend who is very environmentally conscious bought me gifts that were only sustainable and fair trade. I stayed over in a nice hotel and was pleased that their toiletry packaging was made from cornstarch. I even kept to the 5 minute shower rule! I was also able to carpool with friends for a short distance. Better than nothing, right?

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, that was a super fun bridal shower. You looked so cute dressed up! (hint hint....you should do that more often) It's definitely hard "going green" at parties. I'm really happy to hear that you tried ;)

    ReplyDelete