Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Burger Treat




Alright, it's Day 5! Thank you for all your hard work! I know that for some of you, not eating meat is hard. So...last night, I found something special. Here's a treat for all of you who have been going vegetarian. Sonoma Chicken Coop serves 100% grass fed beef burgers. I had dinner with the family last night, and beside the menus, I found this little card next to it. I'm not much of a burger person, but I was tempted to try it. It came with a side of fries or you could choose to have it with sweet potato fries. Now here's a dilemma...sweet potatoes are good for you (A nutritional All-Star — one of the best vegetables you can eat. They're loaded with carotenoids, vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. )...except when they're fried. I often find myself in this ambiguous war. "Lesser evil" does not equal "good". It's like when they have a company like Pepsi who creates Pepsi Raw (a natural version of soda) Although cane sugar is not as bad as high fructose corn syrup....it's still sugar! Maybe it's just me who experiences these excruciating dilemmas....and yes, I'm probably being dramatic.

So anyway, I overall had a dinner loaded with fat and yes, I chose the sweet potato fries. I ate half of it, and saved the rest for another meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment