Sunday, April 25, 2010

A moderately successful trasition

So the day is done and what an interesting day it's been. I think Nancy and I both approached the day with a bit of trepidation...unsure of what exactly we'd gotten ourselves into, but as it turns out things weren't so difficult after all.

First challenge to tackle was the dreaded 5 minute shower. As I'm definitely not a morning person, I typically don't wake up until 5 minutes into my shower as it is. Perhaps I'll try jumping in before the water warms up to remedy this in the future...we'll see. In the end I logged a successful 4.5minute shower (non-shaving). Maybe I'll just go full-blown "aggro" and grow a beard for three weeks...we'll see about this as well.

Our next experience living green was at the Campbell Farmer's Market. As wedding planning had us up early already, we figured our next stop should be to pick up some local produce. As our fridge is pretty well stocked already we left with just some organic bread and strawberries. Overall it was a nice experience, perusing the stands and picking at samples. I'm excited to go back next week and do some more significant shopping.

The biggest challenge of the day...or rather the least successful challenge of the day was our means of transportation. I'm assuming Mr. Cloud would be a bit stormy since we drove about 43 miles running errands around town in our own car...no alternative transportation today. At least we could say we car pooled right? Okay, so I'm stretching it a bit. Guess I'm biking to work tomorrow (and likely most of the week) to make up for it. Which reminds me, I've gotta check my tires.

Well, good luck everyone. It's time for me to do some serious bike maintenance.

-Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment