Friday, April 30, 2010

Speaking of Costco...

I was just there today. They have those wonderful free samples they were handing out. Without even thinking I took a mini cup of those rice samples they were giving out. When I finished, I tossed the mini cup into the compost bin, and then I stood there dumbfounded just staring at my plastic spork! They conned me into adding more trash to my pile....aaaahh. Talk about mindless consumption. Never go to Costco when you skipped your lunch.

On a lighter note, I love that Costco sells a pound of Organic Spring Mix salad for $3.79. If you eat salad by the pound, which I inhumanly do, you really get the most bang for your buck. Today I discovered that it is in fact amazingly local (Earthbound Farms is located in Carmel Valley if you visit their website), and it's economical and the box is made from 100% recycled plastic. Located on the bottom, there is a triangle with a number 1 on it...so it can be recycled again....yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment