Monday, April 26, 2010

I hate Mondays & reaaallly wanted to stand under the hot shower for more than 5 minutes, but I made a commitment to living lighter and turned off the water with 8 seconds to spare. LOL, I had 19 seconds left yesterday!

I fueled up at a Safeway that had a gas station and was very impressed because their station was run 100% by wind energy. I have never been to a gas station that offered that and thought it was pretty cool.

I also bought a cute reuseable bag at a craft store. I definitely think this will motivate me to carry it around everywhere since I love the design. I put a reuseable bag in one of my cars and need to remember to put one in the other car. Marc & I have also placed the bags closer to the door of our home so we get in the habit of grabbing them when we go out. So far, so good!

As a means to eliminate paper waste (and save money), I have been tearing only the needed amount of paper towel, rather than the huge perforated amount.

My only dilemma is what to eat for dinner tonight. I'm starving & want to eat out but not sure how ecotarian I could be with a growling tummy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancy,

    Gosh, I found the 5 minute shower to be extremely hard as well. I went over 5 minutes on Sunday (5:17) , but last night, i took it in 3:16 and rubbed in Ranadeep's face. hehee.

    I wasn't aware that some Safeway gas stations are run 100% on wind energy. Definitely good to know.

    Last night for dinner I had the rest of the Kale I purchased from the farmer's market and took out some old frozen Japanese sea bass.

    I know the Chilean Sea Bass is extremely endangered....but I'm not sure about the Japanese one. Anyone know? They taste pretty identical...very rich in Omega 3s.

    ReplyDelete