Tuesday, April 27, 2010

day 1 ( late post )

The first day was great! Perfect timing to have the start of the project be on a beautiful Sunday in spring, when all the farmers markets were out in full bloom. I bought a bunch of food for the week, all of which was from certified organic local growers.

The 5 min shower was longer than I had expected and I preemptively jumped out over a minute earlier than I could have.

I also bought a bike odometer to track my mileage, though this ended up producing a bit more trash... While I haven't produced much trash today, it's really amazing to see how much of the stuff we create on a daily basis, mostly through the things we buy.

1 comment:

  1. Great, I'm glad to hear you made it to the farmer's market on Sunday. It was such a beautiful day...that's why I'm wondering what happened to the weather today.

    I have to say the 5 minute shower is long when you are consciously taking a shower. When you're mindful of what you're doing, it seems that we have a better grasp of time, the minutes don't nearly slip away as fast.

    I never thought of getting a bike odemeter...what a good idea. Thanks for posting and letting us know how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete